Sunday, February 14, 2010

Adoption Event

Hi furiends, Mom came home from the BIG Adoption Event yesterday. Sasha & I could tell she was both happy & sad. There were so MANY pups of all makes, models & sizes there. There was even a miniature horse. MANY adoption applications were filled out and some pups were pre-approved and got to go to their furever homes that very day. Our Milli was pretty popular and quite a few people were very interested in her. It looks like Milli will have a new home(not final yet) after she is spayed and healed. M & D are pretty happy because it looks promising that friends of theirs may be the ones to get her. They came to the house to see her and then took a big trip from the island where they live to the Big Event. We are keeping our paws and fingers crossed it works for them. More later when we know for sure.. Here we are... the big 3. Milli, Chica, and me. Keeping watch and making sure no one gets in the back door.
Naptime for Sasha & Chica. Sasha does more resting than she used to. Chica likes to cuddle with her. But Chica also likes to challenge the big girl. Mostly Sasha just ignores her when she jumps up, snarls, growls & tries to nip. But the old girl actually disciplined her a couple of times. Just her growling at Chica, was enough to get the little mitey mite to calm down. Really though I think they are friends too.
Mom got a fuzzy video of me and Chica playing bitey face. We have so much fun. Notice how interested Sasha is...... Milli went in to her crate for a rest from protecting Chica from Ernie or vice versa. Chica was looking for her.
M & D sometimes call her Mamacita because she figures she is the referee when Ernie & Chica play or maybe she is a doubleteamer when they both start playing with Chica. Anyhow, that's probably another story.
Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day.
Tailwags
Ernie, Sasha, Chica

14 comments:

  1. We hope all works out the way you want it to, great video, Sasha could not care less, thats great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great movies...Love the bitey face one...Great moves too! Glad to hear there may be a furever home for her...Thats just pawsome.


    Wags and Licks,
    Mollie Jo & Bobo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that sweet cuddle picture.
    And I am keeping my paws crossed for Chica to find her forever home soon.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wouldn't that be wonnerful if'n your furrends adopted Milli then she would still be fambly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What furry happy news about the Adoption Event! I am so happy to hear that many animals found forever homes, and many others have strong possibilities. I am also furry happy for Milli. I know she will be greatly missed by you, and me!, but if she ends up with your friends then you can still see her all the time. Good luck Milli!

    Ernie, Chica, and Milli, great job in guarding your turf. I wouldn't mess with you! And the photo of Sasha and Chica sleeping is precious!

    Love the videos! Bitey face looks super fun! I have never played, perhaps I should try it!

    Have a very sweet Valentine's Day!

    Suka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those were very good videos - cause you can tell how much fun the puppies were having!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aahhh you guys are too cute. Hope all those kids find forever homes. Wonder if mom will let us adopt the horsey. Probly not
    Happy Valentine's Day
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Owww... I love the pic where little Chica snuggle up to Sasha, so warm and nice. Hope little Milli will find a good forever home... we will miss her. I like the video... and Happy Valentine's Day!

    Licks, hero

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love the sound of any adoption event that has many applicants. yea to forever homes. We remember how excited we were to land at Chez Herd!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After the glorious news you just wrote about? Of course. We'll all have a wonderful day. I must say the videos were precious too.
    Happy Valentine's day to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you too!
    I hope everything goes well for Mili!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the leap onto the khrate!

    Mom and I are glad to see the event went well!

    Paws khrossed fur Mili!

    Happy Valentine's Day to ALL of WOO!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woot Woot for Milli! hope it works out for your friends. strange little doggies never recognize size as a problem.. i run into that all the time:)

    Happy Valentine's day
    lots of kissies,
    tula

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet picture of the girls curled up together to nap. It looks like Chica has livened things up around your place. We hope Mili finds a great home.

    ReplyDelete