Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sasha & Ernie

Hey everyfuriend,  Finally Sasha and I got to go for a walk together.
 Checking PeeMail and the neighborhood for any new
furiends...

Sasha is doing good after her fall on the stairs.  She is moving slower but
loving it all.  We both hve gotten  comfortable with using the ramp.  Sometimes though
I forget myself and jump off the porch. I am so happy to have  some freedom.

I am thinking Sasha is looking more ghosty or faded.  She is one of my best furiends .  As always she enjoys a GOOD sniff.

Well look who all stayed home frotoo m that walk.
Rosie,Lucas,and Chica.  Don't feel bad for them -
they got to go later.
 
 Mom saw something she thought she would like to share.  OK Mom your turn.
Thanks Ernie...
I saw this video of a Pilot Project in San Francisco where people who were homeless but now getting their lives together & living in supportive housing were able to foster dogs from shelters who would otherwise have been killed. Such a cool idea.  Not all like the idea, think the money could be spent better.  But I am thinking this is worth a try and know how therapeutic an animal can be to a person.  This may help not only the foster pets BUT maybe even help the people.  Prisons have similar programs.  A win win ... 
 
 
Thanks Ernie for sharing with me.  Hoping all have a great weekend and enjoy some walks and play time...
 

12 comments:

  1. Glad to know you two are doing so well.
    But please... don't forget to use the ramp, ok?
    We read about that program. We think is grrreat!
    Have a great sunday!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone, we're glad to see that both Ernie and Sasha are doing well. We take turns getting walked too. I suppose there's too many of us to go with one person so we get split up like you guys. Hope you have a great Sunday and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could see why there needs to be 2 walks, BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are all well. Have a really lovely Sunday.
    best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD, my gramma woz telling my mom about that program last nite on the telephone and now I got to show her firstpaw about it on your bloggie! I say PETA needs to get a grip. There be plenty of funding fur spay/neuter, the problem be peeples not WANTING to spay/neuter fur wotefur silly reasons. Anyways, if'n I was in a shelter I would rather be fostered by a formerly homeless person and get luvins and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy you're feeling better! Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We think it's a fantastic idea....not money wasted. Keeps a lot of pups from being euthanized while waiting for people to get their pets spayed. And gives the people a reason to live.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy Sasha and Ernie, glad you had a lovely walk together. Take care with the ramp ok? We agree. The fostering idea sounds like a good one. If it gives pups and people a chance to have a change their lives, we give it a thumbs up. Well, if we had thumbs we would, hehehe. Take care all. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you send your picture for the Alpha-Pet book? The tall guy said he didn't get it if you did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to see friends walking together! Your making me smile!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sasha and Ernie, we howled with delight seeing you walking together! The ramp will become second nature in no time (we have one that leads to the deck and the dog door!

    That pilot project sounds absolutely wonderful! Win-win and life changing for all involved! We are totally behind the idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, a ramp can be fun. Just be careful and walk as slow as you are comfortable.

    ReplyDelete