Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ernie & furiends



Hey Everybuddy,  It's me Ernie.  Great news!  I can now be off leash and I an HAPPY.  It's been a long time but I visited the vet and they took xrays - Knee looks GOOD!  My assistant put together this video thing (she is still learning -  so please be patient with her -thanks) .  I met 2 new friends.  Rita and Mickey.  Rita is my girlfriend  :-)  She loves me and we like to kiss and snuggle when we meet.  Her Mom says she is a floozie - whatever that is..  I don't think so.  Mickey is the Border Collie mix - black and white, nice and loves people.  Not so much some dogs BUT he and I do fine on our walks. 

Bentley has been our house guest for a while. When we went to our cabin we saw a friend she  "fell in love" with him AND his issues. And applied to adopt him.   So, in a couple of weeks we are going to meet her and she will sign  the papers and officially adopt him.  Then he will go home with her.  Somewhere in his little life things must not been too good.  He growls, nips and stiffens when picked up.  BUT he is LOTS better - hardly ever does it now.  Now he actually wants to be touched and stroked and goes up on M and D's laps and is learning to like being petted. He hardly has any teeth after his dental so if he does nip - he only leaves a dent.  Mom says it is really something to see where he is now compared to when we got him a month or so ago.  What a change.  He is playing with toys and is part of our pack.  He is 6 years old and about 10 lbs. 
Hope you all are having a good weekend and getting to go for walks and play with your humans
Ernie

18 comments:

  1. Hey Ernie! That is great news. You know what? We have a floozie dog next door and she always pushes her entire self against the fence so I can smell her flooziness. Does it get any better?

    Sounds like little Bentley is learning to enjoy life. I hope things work out for him.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ernie!

    Congrats on the fixed knee. We are happy to hear all is OK.

    Your family has helped Bentley so much and we hope his new Mom will continue the good treatment.

    Cheers,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feeling better, Ernie! And good luck to Mr. Bently!!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ernie! Great news! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ernie, I'm so glad you are feeling better!

    Bentley is so cute. I'm glad he is feeling better (emotionally) too.

    Love, Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are better now Ernie. Have a great Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so happy for you, Ernie! You have waiting so patiently and for so long!
    We wish Bentley the very best!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Ernie! We're SOOOOOOOO happy for you. It has been a loooonnnnngggg time--even to us and we weren't the one confined! Hope you have lots of great runs and romps.

    Also, great news about Bentley. We're happy he's learning what cuddles are like.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super news Ernie!
    I am very happy too!
    I loved your video!
    I hope everything goes well with Bentley!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ernie
    I am so happy that you healed so good and now looky- you can go for walks again. This makes me so happy.
    I will keep Bently in my thoughts!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are so happy your knee is better Ernie.
    Hoping Bentley is fine too.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay on the knee, Ernie - that is PAWSOME and a long time coming! Your V-E-T woz a long time coming, too, BOL. And you know, teefs is so overrated. I would rather not has any so they dussn't need to be brushed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ernie - that is great news! I'm very happy for you :)
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great news indeed, Ernie...about your finally being healed...about that stunning new girl in your life and new walk buddy...and about Bentley's new forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Howdy Ernie, so glad your knee is good. Yay!! Your friends sound fun and we very happy for Bentley. We wish him a peaceful, loving forever home. You are a wonderful family to help him along his way. Take care all. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ernie! Stop by my blog when you get a minute. I have something there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ernie, wow that's really great. Our peeps have been really busy so they haven't been able to keep up with things. But we're really glad that Bentley will have a home soon. Good luck Ernie, take it easy for the first little while.

    ReplyDelete