Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Sasha and Update Ernie

Sasha Here!  I just had a birthday! This is me with my new big stuffie!  So fun!!
They said I am now a seenyur citizen!! Don't know what that is but I am now 12 years old and doing well.  A little slower but that's not so bad.   I have been with M & D since I was 1 1/2 years old. 

I like all the fosters M & D bring home.  These are 2 of the 4  babies we had for awhile.  They were very tiny and liked to chew on my ears and jump up into my face.  I think if I had had pups I would have been a good mom.  I make a good "aunt" for the fosters we have.  This is Lula and Brutus with me in this picture. 

Here I am helping another foster, Emma, check for bugs and stuff by the rock. 




    
 Ernie had his 4 week checkup at the vet.  The vet called him handsome - so Ernie gave him a kiss...what a suckup....Anyhow he is doing very well.  He is a good patient.  He doesn't have to go back for 4 weeks.  He gets to start going on short walks - no more than 30 mins 2 x day.  If he seems tired we need to cut it short.  This gives him a chance to build the muscles back up in that back leg.  Still no stairs, no jumping, no running and ALWAYS on a leash probably until after the next checkup.  Hooray for Ernie and his wonderful vet Dr.
Thanks for visiting and for all your support.  You all are the greatest!!

18 comments:

  1. Hi Sasha, happy birthday - you're looking pretty darn good. I think that you're a good mom to the fosters that show up. It takes alot to be able to welcome strangers into your home. We're also glad to hear the Ernie is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had the happiest birthday ever! And I hope you have many many more to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Sasha! You are a beautiful girl and I know you would have been a good mom to some pups. Just that you are patient with the babies you have in your home tells me that!

    Cheers and hugs to you from,
    Jo, Stella, Zkhat and RMcD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sasha
    Happy Birthday!
    Oh you just get more beautiful and beautiful!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Sasha!
    Glad you had a very nice time celebrating your big day!
    Good news on Ernie!
    I am sure he is enjoying his short walkies!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Sasha!!

    RA, Isis & Nanük

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squeaky squeaky to your burp day Sasha! Woo look good!
    Aw Ernie that s good news! Cleared fur walkies! Woohoo .. But kisses
    for the vet-asif!!:)

    Tula

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday beautiful Sasha!
    You are having a good old time with that stuffie!
    We think you would have made a wonderful mum and know all those fosters must love you lots.
    Well done Ernie, you are going to be as right as rain in no time.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sasha Happy Birthday from Sasha! I am glad that Ernie is doing better. I love all the pictures of you with the babies, you are so patient. I hope you had a great birthday.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Sasha. We wish you many more and good health too! We're happy Ernie is getting better and better. Take care all. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Sasha. We wish you many more happy and healthy years. Great news about Ernie too. Take care all. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Sasha! We hope you have many more wonderful years to come!
    That's great news, Ernie! yippeeeeeeee

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday, Sasha! Hope you had a great day!
    That was wonderful news about Ernie too :)
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey Sasha,

    Happy Birthday! I don't know what being a "seenyur" means either, but I must woof that you look fabulous for 12! That second photo of you is gorgeous! Such a beautiful smile! Your new stuffy looks like lots of fun! Enjoy!

    Yay for Ernie! So furry happy to read he is well on his way to healing. Your Vet has good taste, Ernie is a very handsome pup! Lula and Brutus and Emma are all so cute! There always seems to be a cuteness overload at your house!

    Suka

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry we missed the actual day, Sasha, but we STILL hope your day was extra special! We wish you a new year filled with health, happiness, fostering fun, family joy, yummy surprises and always...love. The White Dog Army

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Sasha! That's a great stuffy you got :)

    So glad to hear that Ernie is doing well. Yay! :)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy birthday, Sasha! we're sorry that we're a little late. we're always late - it's the human's fault. we're so glad to hear about Ernie's progress. it's got to feel really good to get out for those leash walks, doesn't it, Ernie?! we can't want until you are running and jumping and flying again!

    woofs

    ReplyDelete