Thursday, March 29, 2012

Scary Sat, Ernie & jail partner-Sissie

AS you can see I am behind bars.  M says it is for my own good butt I am not so sure about that.  One good thing is they did give me one of my bff to stay with me sometimes.  Sasha is good company. She doesn't stay with me all the time but I like it when she is near. 



They also put up bars across the LR to keep me quiet.  AND so I wouldn't have to be in the crate jail all the time.  M wanted to get a pic of me using Sasha's bed and her using mine.  That didn't work - maybe another day. I admit it is nicer having company in jail.  Don't worry -- Sasha doesn't stay in there all the time. Mainly bedtime.

Congrats to Sissie.  She went to her forever home Monday.  She has a wonderful Mom who loved her the minute she saw her on PetFinder.  Then even before she came to meet Sissie she went SHOPPING and bought crate, bed, toys, treats etc.  She was so excited and Sissie settled right in with her.  So happy for them both.  Sissie is going to be so LOVED.   
We had some excitement just as M & D were taking Sissie to her Meet N Greet with her potential adopter.  It was SCARY!!   D was going out the front door and Missy, Rosie, AND Lucas took off running.  Never have they tried THAT before!!!  M quickly grabbed the keys from D and took off in the car.  A neighbor was driving by and M stopped them to ask if they had seen which direction the 3 little ones went.  WELL, good news is they had AND they offered to help.  It was a good thing.  Long story short - The little ones were so scared it was hard to catch them but with the neighbors help M got Lucas and then Rosie.  Missy took off the other direction and this is the good news.... she headed straight for our house and as soon as D opened the screen door... she ran right in!!! What a relief.  Thought M was going to have a heart attack or something!! Mom was so happy that neighbor came along to help - she almost climbed into the car to give them all hugs when all pups were safe...:-)

 It is quieter around her now with just the 5 of us and 1 foster - Missy.  Haven't figured out yet why no one has chosen her.  She is happy, easy to keep, house and crate trained.  Soon maybe the right person will come along.

16 comments:

  1. You know, the moms rilly do get furry upset ofur the running off stuff. Many years ago mom took me and my sis Dixie to St. Louis with her to fix up a house she used to has there fur new tenants. Mom woz painting one of the bedrooms and Dixie and I woz rite outside that window werking on our tans on the deck. Dixie said, "Shawnee, I think I can get that gate open with my snooter. Wanna try?" Next thing I know Dixie and I is sniffing pee mail a few streets ofur and here comes mom in her car SCREAMING fur us to get our sorry ^#&^%#&#$ in the car NOW! She had a whole neyborhood search pawty looking fur us. Yikes. We hanged our heads in shame and jumped in the car. We nefur runned off again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawnee that must have been in your young and crazy days... We are so happy you nefer runned off again and you got found and not hurt!!! I know how your mom felt. I think they were a bit "sheepish" too. Sure hope they don't try that again!!
      Mom Barb

      Delete
  2. I once had a dog who decided he needed to go running on a rainy night around 11PM. You haven't had any fun until you're running through your neighbor's back yards in the dark and the rain trying to catch a dog who doesn't want to be caught! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewnie,
    Thay does't even look like jail, specially wif sweet Sasha to keep you company,just a nice safe place fow a snooze. It must have been scaiwy to have those little ones wunning out..it's hawd to catch scawed little kids. Mommi is aways afwaid I'll wun away and get huwt ow lost. Thank dog you had such good hoomans to help

    So happy tha Sissie got such a gweat fuwwevew home

    ReplyDelete
  4. I twied to also wite that I will cwoss my paws that the wight pawson ssees and falls in love wif Missy soon
    Smoochie kisses
    Asta

    ReplyDelete
  5. We knew Sissie wouldn't be with you for long. Bet the little ones won't be going off by themselves for adventures. Sounds like they bit off more than they could chew.

    It's great that Sasha comes in to visit and you don't have to be in that crate so much.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ernie, you look kind of sad in your fenced off area. I remember that look too because I was fenced in for six weeks after my surgery. It wasn't fun. A few years ago, before I had my problem, I got lose from my dad and I ran around the neighborhood. And because I was way faster than my dad, I ran and ran. Up one neighbor's stairs and then off down the block and all around. My dad was really, really scared that I'd get hit by a car or get onto the highway a few blocks away. Eventually I ran near my mom and she grabbed me. I think that my dad wanted to either kill me or hug me. He did the latter. I'm sure that I had both of them really worried but for me it was great fun. I still got my paws crossed for you Ernie. I'll be your cell-mate if you get bored. Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ernie, think of it as an exclusive executive suite instead of jail and Sasha as your trusty partner, then it might not seem so bad. It must have been pretty crazy there while the little ones were doing the "wild thing." Our momma would have been worried too! Glad everyone is back home safely.

    We hope Sissie has found the perfect family to keep her safe and pampered and protected forever. We send White Dog positive energy that Missy's ideal forever family is looking for her right now and will soon appear to take her to the best second chance ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel that Missys forever family will come along soon. I just feel it.
    Ernie I am glad that Sasha comes and visits you sometimes, I know it makes it all better for you.
    Those silly little ones better not ever do that running off business again- right?
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  9. What time are visiting hours for jail? We are happy for sissy
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not to worry Ernie, your stretch in prison will come to an end soon - if not we'll bake you a dog biscuit with a skeleton key! Mind - you have a pretty luxurious cell!
    Brilliant news about Sissy, she was one adorable little dog.
    Your poor mum, thank goodness she managed to round you all up!
    Good luck to Missy in finding a home.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank goodness that Missy, Rosie and Lucas were rounded up quickly. Whew! I'm so happy for Sissy!
    I love your new background. It's spring!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for Sissy. bummer about crate jail - It's not so bad, three squares and yer best friend. More like summer camp with bars.....BOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. When the right one khomes along, we all know it!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well you do look good in stripes ;)


    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete