Monday, January 23, 2012

More snow pics and our new foster Thalia

Hey everybuddy,  It's me Ernie.  Notice I don't have a leash ---- I promise I didn't move fast or do zoomies like I would like to.  Mom was proud of me.  I was careful.  Could hardly do anything different.  On top of the snow was ICE - (M says it was about 1/2" thick).  Made it hard to walk let alone do zommie fun.

Our big tree what shades us in the summer has a real case of the droopies.  Those branches are usually about 7 feet off the ground.  A few branches cracked and were on the ground but when the ice/snow melted most of them came off the ground.  We think M will be busy ....
 Sasha exploring and checking things out.  She had a hard time walking too. Don't tell her I said so but she is getting older and moves slower most of the time.  EXCEPT when the cat comes to our back fence and wiggles his tail at her...
 Mom's palm tree is drooping a lot too with the ice and snow.
 M wondered if it would ever be the same.....we saw her "hitting" the branches and the ice and snow fell off...
 Lucas was following his nose sniffing who knows what.  It had warmed up a bit this day and he even stayed out a bit with us and didn't wear a coat.  BUT as soon as we all went inside the little ones curled up right in front of the heater vent....
 Not sure what Chica was checking out.. But she was busy sniffing things too.  You probably noticed we all did sniffies instead of zoomies.   Chica and Lucas are small enough they could walk on top and not sink down at all in the snow....
 It was like a big tunnel/tent under the tree with the droopy branches.
 Heard M telling D Sasha is sure getting white in the face.  They still love her lots though..
 Wish M could get some better pics of me... she uses the excuse that since I am so dark it is hard to get good pics.  She just needs to work harder so you can all see my handsome self...
 This is Thalia.  Our newest foster.  She is the 44th foster we have had.  She is about 4 years old.  M thinks she may be a bit older.  She is so sweet.  It seems like she has always been with us.  She is about 8 lbs.  We have gotten so used to M & D bringing in fosters, we meet them at the door to see who is coming in next.  When they go to an adoption event and come home we check to see if that one came back or if there is a new one.  Very interesting...
 She likes to cuddle and fell asleep on D's lap.  Chica wanted to be there but was "content" to sit next to his lap and close to Thalia.
Bye for now.  We hope you all have power and warmth.    Ernie and the pack

17 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie, you guys got way more snow than we did. All of our snow melted but mow we have rain. I'm glad that you're doing well. I understand that you'd like to do zoomies but you'd better not. We want to avoid big hospital bills and more down time. Maybe we could go for walkies this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 44 fosters!!! Wow, you are amazing!! And the pictures of the 'kids' playing out in the snow are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of snow!!! We'd love to play in snow...we think. We are sooooo impressed with 44 fosters. And you've helped them all find their forever homes? Great stuff.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thalia is lovely and seems very much at home already.
    You are doing such a great thing to help these dogs!
    Ugh, snow and ice, the worst combination, take lots of care when you go out.
    Hugs, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be awful careful on that ice! We don't want you going backwards, Ernie! 44 fosters is awesome! You guys are amazing and so very generous!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would love to get some snow, but forget that ice. It can be so treacherous for humans and pups. Be careful out there. Hope all the trees and shrubs bounce back OK.

    Welcome to Thalia, what a sweetie.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  7. We has shrubs in the front wot cannot hold up the snow and ice but they is used to it coz it happens efurry year here. When I furst came to live here as a foster, there woz anudder foster and I liked him lots. When he got adopted I cried pitifully when I saw him go away with his new fambly. But then I got to unnerstanding that be the way of the fosters. Eggsept fur me. I fixed it so I could stay, BOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks that you look good today, and I'm sure it's very cold on your town today, bring sweater and always take care while playing on the snow :)



    --------------------------------
    It's all About Pet Fences | Dog Fence

    ReplyDelete
  9. blogger is acting stupid so I need to hurry- it erased my words.
    Look at all your snow! All of our snow melted and made floods!
    When I come to visit you- I feel all the love that is shared with all the doggys...
    ohhhh one more thing--- I always say-- white faces is caused from kissys!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ernie, you all are SO GREAT at fostering! Thanks for all you do, welcoming the pups into your home!!!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thalia looks so nice, so we hope she gets a great home.
    You have a lot of snow, we have not had any YET keep warm.
    Yes we do wade through loads of adoption aplications, and do home and vet checks. But we have always had good homes so it is worth it no matter how long it takes.
    Licks Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that icy stuff melts soon.

    Little Thalia is awful cute!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMD, 44 fosters!?! You guys are furry great :)
    Looks like you guys are having lots of fun with the snow... wanna send some my way??

    -Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Howdy Clampets, what fab photos. We are getting jealous of all those wonderful snow shots everyone is posting. Well done to you all on all your fostering. Great job. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very impressive pack - and lalso very literate! Looks like you got some snow but the ice doesn't sound like fun for human or dog. Take care and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been hearing about your snow storm. Very odd for your part of the country! I'm sorry that it wasn't soft and fun snow for all of you to play in.

    Thalia is a lucky girl to stay with such a welcoming and friendly pack. I hope that she finds a great family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a good boy to stay in the yard and not go zooming. We think your fosters are all pretty cute. Give Sasha a big smooch from us.
    Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

    ReplyDelete