Thursday, September 29, 2011

First Taste of Freedom!

Hi, Mom here.  Chimps used in laboratory testing got their first taste of "freedom".  Their first day outside in 40 years!  This was on one of our local TV stations (KOMO) and is an amazing video. 

CLE ELUM, Wash. - Three years ago, seven chimpanzees arrived at Chimpanzee Sanctuary Northwest in Cle Elum - a sort of retirement home for chimps who've been used in laboratory tests their entire lives.The sanctuary survives on private donations, and those donations have now created something entirely new for the chimpanzees.  This piece was by By Eric Johnson.   (more info, video & pics are in the link below).



11 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, that was such an amazing video. Thank you for sharing it with us. Mom even showed it to Dad. It brought a tear to her eye when Burrito was dancing and then those hugs were just so sweet.

    Many thanks to those people and to you as well for all you do to help those in need.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in rescue with PUP for only 2 years. In that time a whole new world has opened up for us. MANY people from all over are working to rescue not only dogs and cats but other critters as well. Even the Chimps. Am so glad you liked the video. They sure looked happy with some freedom!
    Thanks for visiting us and caring!!
    Mom Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Girl Of The House found that video online and showed it the Lady Of The House - and oh my! I thought I was going to drown in tears! The LOTH sobbed all over the top of my head and got my ears damp.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD, that Blogger been nomming up your comments to me? Grrrrr. That happens to me sometimes, too. Just coz you asked so nice, I keep on hiking and sharing! As long as I can at least. I do be 10 1/2 years old now but not bad fur an old broad jumping that big fallened down tree, huh? We is all from high kill shelters, too. See wot good companions we make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome video! We are so happy for those chimps!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  6. You awe all amazing and I love youw new bloggie look..that side baw fow Petfindew is pawsome!!!1 I am so thankful that thewe awe hoomans like youw pawents awound to help all fuwwkids

    YEAH fow those Chimps!!1 FInally wunning awound like they should be
    Thank you again
    smoochie kisses
    ASTA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Everybuddy, we saw that video here too. It certainly was heartbreaking and wonderful at the same time. Well done to everyone who has ever rescued or fostered or just loved the pet they have. Our pets make life wonderful.
    No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is very nice that you do so much for animals like us:)

    Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was an awesome video... Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow
    what a cool video.. thank you for all you do too!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was an amazing day for the chimps.. I wish all chimps everywhere could have an amazing day like this.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete