We walked by some REALLY big old trees. Sammy & Hana's Dad went with us. There were enough peoples so each one could hold a leash. We pups had to keep track of the hoomans so they wouldn't get lost... hee hee...
Pretty awesome tree with all kinds of burls & knots & it was very tall too.
This nurse log was big. We bet at one time it was at least 5 or so feet around.
At a fork in the road, deciding which way to go. We were waiting for Hana & the Dads to catch up. This is Sammy's Mom getting ready to give us treats. Almost the best part of our long walks.
The greenery was "lush" as Mom called it. We thought lush was something else.???
Sometimes the trail almost disappeared. But I, Ernie the Schnoodle was on it. I showed them where to go. The brush didn't bother me or Chica, or Sammy or Hana , cuz we could duck under the branches. The hoomans was another matter.
Looking out thru the trees we could see the water. In this pic it looks more like sky or fog or something. But it really is water.
Sammy & I leading the way this time. This part didn't have any nettle things. Sammy's day wore pants that let his legs show, & he didn't like those nettle thingies.
Here I am again, in charge of where we are going. That's my story & I am sticking to it. See how nice the trail I chose this time is. Am I good or am I good????
The hoomans liked this part of the trail. It was pretty, peaceful, & uphill. Heard them saying it was a little steeper that they thought at 1st. But they liked that part.
We worked our way out of the trees & forest & walked to the beach & along it. The tide was in so we couldn't go in the water but it was all good.
It was a great walk & we slept well that night. Too bad Sasha, Roo, & John didn't get to go on that one with us. Mom said she was going to take some of the others next time.
Thanks for voting for us. You all who are voting for us, we would hug and give you kisses if we could. You know those slobbery, licks we pups can give....We are on a plateau, and sitting at #5 in WA state. So much better than the last Shelter Challenge. It helped that we started at the beginning of it rather than part way thru it.
Thanks for visiting us. We saw lots of pups & kitties with red bandanas on the Portugese Water Dog Blog. This is going to be fun. We can get to meet & visit lots of new people. Thank you Mom of the PWD's. You did a great job!!!
Ernie,Sasha,Chica, also Roo, & John & Mom Barb
Those were some nice steep hills :-)
ReplyDeleteWizz
Wow, that looks like a wonderful walk! What an interesting place! So many smells, I bet!
ReplyDeleteWags,
Zona
What a beautiful walk. Those trees are bigger than big! Hope you had fun
ReplyDeleteBenny & Lily
What a great place to take a walk! You've got it all woods and beaches, too!
ReplyDeleteYou is brave to do the bushwhacking. I no likes it coz we has lots of sticker bushes wot makes me yip so I stays on the trail. Kewl old trees you has too.
ReplyDeleteHow furry smart of woo to keep the strings on the humans!
ReplyDeleteThanks fur sharing!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Your hiking spot was so green and pretty. I like the big dock by the water.
ReplyDeleteWags,
Draco
Fun, we should try that out. Have never been to that park before. Beach front too. Very nice.
ReplyDeleteErnie, you're a great wilderness scout....showing the way. Looks like a great walk. Would have been fun to run around without having the humans attached; but then, they might have got lost!
ReplyDeleteXXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella
Thanks for the adventure pics!!! A walk from home is always good! I got tired from my couch!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful spot for hiking! Mom thinks your knobby trees are so cool!
ReplyDeleteLove ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
We think you look very fetching (get it---"fetch"ing!) on the Portuguese Water Blog in your red bandanna!
ReplyDeleteEmma, Tara and Cooper
hey kids, that's a pretty cool place for a walk/hike. Ernie, you did a pawsome job of keeping everyone on the trail. you pups really do go for some interesting and fun walks on your leashes. we're glad you are having fun.
ReplyDeletewoofs.
ps we're voting for you
You have some of the most beautiful walkies that I have ever seen.
ReplyDeleteI know how important your job is to make sure the trails are safe for the humans.
And, I can tell that you are doing an awsome job.
Thank you for taking us on your walkies.
love
tweedles
hello there, I found your bloggie through the red bandana day post.
ReplyDeleteWhat a awesome group you are!
MinnaK
WOWZA! Our momma is lovin' those trees! She especially likes the ones that are all twisted. We like the trees because they have pee-mail that we can read☺
ReplyDeletepawesome walk!
ReplyDeletewish we had nice trails like that to walk at!
Cheers,
Maxx
What a lush forest for your walk!! That sure looked like lots of fun. Good job blazing the trail for your humans.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing place! I bet you pups had a pawsome time walking and playing in that forest! Ernie, you are good! You did a super job finding a great human trial! I agree that it is too bad you could not be off your leashes, but it still looks like you had a pawsome time! I am sorry Sasha, Roo, and Johm missed this great place, but hopefully they can go next time.
ReplyDeleteI am happy to read you are still doing great on the shelter challenge! We will keep on voting for you!
Suka
p.s. The pictures are great, and that tree with the burls and knobs is just amazing. Love it!
Every walk must seem like an adventure to you! How awesome!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful park: don't you just detest being on leash at places like this? Sigh. It happens all the time, all the time.
ReplyDeleteHey guys, check out Dogs-N-More. I posted about you and your foster pups. If you'd like to add anything, just let me know.
ReplyDeleteSue