Tonka had been sick for quite awhile. Having to do with his liver & other problems. He was about 5 or 6 years old & lived longer that was expected. He recently became much worse & it was very hard, but they made a hard decision to ease his suffering & take away his pain. He is now running free & pain free & happy over the Rainbow Bridge. In my happy place, he is playing with our other dogs & cats that went before him. Probably he will make even more furiends.
On another note:
Thank you all who are taking the time to help us in the Shelter Challenge. As of this morning we moved up again to 171 overall in the country & are holding steady in WA state. It is wonderful that you are helping. I would give you all hugs. But since that isn't possible. Consider yourself virtually hugged in thanks.
Ernie, Sasha, & Chica's Mom

I am so sorry about Tonka. Every animal we have to lose leaves a big hole in our hearts. You gave him love and a safe home, and he appreciated it. He's in a good place now too.
ReplyDeleteSo very sorry about Tonka. What a very handsome boy and gone much too young, yet very lucky to have spent the last part of his life knowing such love.
ReplyDeleteSending virtual hugs your way. Godspeed, Tonka.
ReplyDeleteGentle wags,
Zona (and mom)
Ahhh all good thoughts for Tonka. We are sorry.
ReplyDeleteBenny & Lily
What a beautiful pup! I just can't imagine someone that beautiful having to be rescued. And I'm sure he had a wonderful life....
ReplyDeleteWe are very sad to hear of Tonka's passing. He looks like he was very much loved and lived the life that all dogs deserve. Our hearts go out to you!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the loss of Tonka. At least he had some happiness and love in his life. We know you'll miss him.
ReplyDeleteXXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella
So very sorry for the loss of Tonka. We will light a candle this evening and ask The Herd at the Bridge to welcome him where he can be healthy and young.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry for your loss. How lucky for all of you that you had the opportunity to love and be loved by such a wonderful friend!
ReplyDeleteThere are never words adequate enough to understand a life cut short or to ease the pain of those left behind. My most sincere condolences.
ReplyDeleteWoof! Woof! We are very sorry to hear the passing of Tonka. Tonka for sure felt very lucky and happy to have spent some time with your family. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar
ReplyDeleteI can see the love in Tonka's eyes from the fotos. Sweet sweet boy. Run free!
ReplyDeletenorwood
We are sorry for your loss...
ReplyDeleteAs for the words, writing what you feel is always the best way to honour them...
He's quite the handsome one!
Thanks for sharing him with us!
What a beautiful tribite you wrote- you said it all.
ReplyDeleteWe are so sad for you,,,,
You looked into my eyes
and I looed back at you
my tail wagged
and your lips smiled
you opened up your home
and you loved me
I was so thankful
I could not ask for more,
I did not want to worry you
when I did not feel so good.
I felt you try and try,
You did everything you could
that's all I needed.
I never needed more
than your kind words
and soft touches to my face
I knew I must leave you,
but I did not want to break your heart
You gave me what I dreamed of
you gave me love
I never needed more
(This is what Tonka is saying to you)
love
tweedles
Poor Tonka, he will be running free with all the friends we have lost but not forgotten!
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry to hear about Tonka. What a handsome boy with a beautifully shiny coat!
ReplyDeleteLove ya lots
Maggie and Mitch
You said it all so well, and from the heart. So very sorry to hear of the loss of Tonka - he was a handsome pup.
ReplyDeleteWoos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara
Our eyes are wet with tears. Tonka is a very beautiful dog, and he does have such soulful, expressive eyes. What a lovely tribute you wrote! It came from your heart, and that is the most special and meaningful. We are deeply saddened by your loss. We hope your son and his family are doing OK, and that you heal from the pain of losing such a beautiful dog.
ReplyDeletePlease accept our heartfelt condolences.
Peace,
Suka and K
We are so very sorry to hear about Tonka. We are sending lots of loving vibes to your son and his family.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Teddy Bear
What a beautiful, noble dog Tonka was.
ReplyDeleteWe send all our condolences to you.
Wags, Dip Bridge Elliot and Lynne xx
Tonka is a beautiful boy! We are sorry to hear he went to the Rainbow Bridge.
ReplyDeleteRun Free Sweet Tonka!!!
Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo
& Uncle Puppy
Sorry for the loss of Tonka. We are glad you are doing so well, we hope you keep on going up.
ReplyDeleteoh Barb, we are so sorry about Tonka. he was a beautiful dog. sometimes you are connected to an animal like that - our mom says that she & i (Bailey) are soulmates. Baxter too. it's a beautiful thing, but then it hurts so much when you are separated. we hope that you can find comfort in your memories.
ReplyDeletewe are voting for you.
woofs
My sympathies on your loss of Tonka. Having been with three dogs (my own dog and two Shelter dogs) who have gone over the Rainbow Bridge in just a few weeks, I know the feeling of loss.
ReplyDeleteI told my daughter when we got our first rescue dog that while God doesn't let us keep any one dog very long we get to have many wonderful dogs in our lives. Still, knowing that doesn't make it any easier to lose a friend.