Sunday, April 18, 2010

Discovery Park, Shelter Challenge, Adoption Event

Hi furiends, It's me Ernie. Finally back again. We want to thank all of you who voted for PUP in Issaquah in the Shelter Challenge. Without you we couldn't have gone as far as we did. Today is the last day for this challenge. We started late and were ranked about 2900 overall and 83 in the state of WA. As of this morning we are at 16 in WA and 755 in the overall rankings. The last couple of days we started voting for another rescue in Arlington, WA because they are at #3 in WA & 113 overall. The are called the Old Dog Haven and they take in older dogs. We also work with them and sometimes if they can't take a dog we will. So BIG thanks to all who have helped. ALSO, A new Challenge starts in about the middle of May and we are going to try starting out at the beginning. Maybe then we can make it even farther in the rankings. Mom was trying to take a pic of the beach & I climbed into her lap. She was sitting on a log. How do you like my closeup. She is always saying how hard it is to get a good pic of me since I am so dark. Well, I think she was proved wrong. Not sure if this is my best side though. On Friday we went to Discovery Park. It is a huge park in Seattle. It has lots of trails, and covers about 534 acres. Had lots of trails to choose from. In woodsy places, and along the beach. Chica checking out the sandy smells. She liked the warm sand.Sasha had to stay home because her hips were bothering her a bit and we were going to be going on a lonnnng walk. Mom promised her she could go the next time.
We found some artwork on the beach. Or maybe it was going to be a fort??? In the background you can see the snow on the Olympic Mountains. It was a great day to be out. This is a test. This picture has 2 animals. Can you tell what or where they are???
On the beach looking toward the lighthouse. Mom wanted a pic of it but when we got there it was all covered up. They were doing something called renovating... Should have been done but they must have found more stuff to do to it & it is taking longer than they thought. See the airplane...
These rocks were like stairs from the trail to the beach. I could just walk down & up them but Chica had to jump. She was a trooper Mom said.
Another beach pic.
A closer look at the float plane. We could wave to it. Actually we just watched, Mom and her friend took pictures.
Showing off the black spots on my tongue. Chica resting her tiny feet.
There they are!!! 2 ducks!! They were behind the branches. They were so beautiful. We didn't get a chance to chase them. Maybe next time??
PUP had another adoption event yesterday and 5 pups were adopted. WHooHoo!!
Hope all have a great weekend.
Ernie, Sasha, Chica

20 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great adventure. Your mom did really well taking pictures AND making sure you were safe at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely adventure!

    Wags and Licks,
    Mollie Jo & Bobo & Uncle Puppy by proxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ernie and Chica and Sasha
    I love your trail just love it! mom was gonna guess ducks and then you posted it. Oh well at least she was right. Why does ernie have black dots on his tongue? Part chowchow? Poor old lady sasha wouldn't have done well on that walk. Poor baby I hope she got a little extra lovin instead.
    norwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you did really well in the challenge. It's hard because I guess they're all worthy. Things would be so terrible without rescue organizations and shelters. I shudder to think...

    Great photos. One pawsome thing about being a blogging dog is getting to see different places from other dogs' points of view. We have beaches and ocean here, too, but they look somewhat different. I pawticularly like the rock stairs. Those look like such fun.

    wags, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool - you have a marble tongue too! My markings run from tip to throat. People always comment on my tongue. Mom says I ate too many blueberries;)

    - Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pawesome day!

    Thanks fur sharing all that great scenery!

    SNOW!
    SNOW!!
    SNOW!!!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Discovery Park is pretty cool. Bet there were pawesome smells there.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Discovery Park is beautiful! What an awesome outing you all had!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a beautiful place for a walk. It has it all, woods, water even snow for some Sibes we know...

    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie and Callie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haroo Ernie, Sasha & Chica

    Thanks fur visiting our bloggie, we enjoyed visiting urs:)

    Woo woos
    Prince on behalf of Team Husky

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great place Discovery Park is! We can see the two ducks now that we know they are there:) And we think that first pic of you,Ernie, is just great.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi my friends
    The close up was beyond cool! That was super shot.
    All your photos are so beautuful and clear.
    I looked in the water for an animal, and I think there was a seal in the water? Am I right? I do not think it was a whale?
    We are so happy for all that you did for the homeless pets. Your hearts are huge.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  13. I woz half rite - I seened one duck in the water! You is so lucky to live close to the beach. Wate a minit, I live close to the beach too. But it is yucky with lots of litters and stuff so we don't go there. Your beach is beeootiful and I love the snow on the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pics! What fun! Sorry about Sasha having to stay home. Hope she gets better.
    Thanks for sharing the great outing with us!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the Challenge.
    Sure you had a pawesome time at Discovery Park. It looks great!
    I hope Sasha is doing well.
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  16. You could spend days and days just exploring that area! It is beautiful and you guys are so lucky to get to hike there. It is so cool about the rescue pups who found homes! Mom always says that families involved in rescuing pets in need and finding them loving forever homes are Special Heroes...and that they change the world one woof at a time! Thanks be being involved.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos guys. What a great place. Thanks for sharing.

    Noah x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun day! Those ducks are very cool. And the 5 pups getting adopted is even cooler.:)

    Love,
    Teddy Bear

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great beach trip!! We don't have ducks at our beach, we have sea-girls that make CAWCAWCAWCAW noises! And crabs...that pinch. :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey r u still at the park ? Not home yet I see
    Norwood

    ReplyDelete