Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pale Pink and the beach

Isn't this pretty. This was amongst some of the pictures Mom had taken. This rose is called First Kiss. Dad bought it for Mom.
This is one of our favorite toys that gets left at the cabin. When we go there it is almost like having new toys because we haven't seen some of them for awhile. We went down to the beach yesterday to cool off. This is our friend Sammy. For such a little dog he is a fantastic swimmer and he doesn't care how far he has to go to get the stick. He really likes the big ones.
This is the view going down the trail to the beach. It is a fun trail. We get to run ahead with NO leashes. We run up and down the trail. We always either stop or go back to check on Mom. She is a lot slower at going down the trail that we are. Sometimes she is slowed down because she has to clean up after us. Those little poop bags can be a challenge to her sometimes.
We think this is the same picture. But it was taken a little bit later. That speck in the water is a boat.
Mom likes looking out at the water from this spot. Someone has put a bench and a little platform there. She says it is peaceful, we just want to get on with getting to the beach.
Sasha & I going after the same stick. I am under the water. Do you think she was trying to drown me???
She is my favorite pup. She doesn't know it yet but I will be getting that stick from her. She tries to keep it but I usually get it. ( Mom says Sasha is just super nice and likes to share)
In this quick video clip Sammy's Dad and Mom are also in it. They like to go to the beach with us. The dog by Sammy's Dad is Callie. She is a new friend. We think she likes Ron better than us because she didn't swim but followed Ron around. (He had treats in his pockets - she is a treat hound) We found out she is 13 years old. Sure doesn't seem like she would be that old. We all want the sticks to be thrown for us. We are barking and getting excited. That is Sasha &
Sammy are making all the noise. I am letting them do the talking.
We heard M & D say they are taking us to be groomed. They think that after being at the cabin, we are in need of a bath. I also heard Mom say "Ernie needs a good haircut." Not looking forward to going & having someone else besides Mom cut my hairs and stuff.
More later.
Wags
Ernie & Sasha

10 comments:

  1. I love your pictures, bark Sasha bark! Ernie, if you can find a place to hide so you don't have to be groomed, it is bad. It looks like so much fun on your vacation. I am a treat hound too.

    licks and sniffs, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stories and pictures are sooo much fun.
    You all have soo much fun, that I feel like I want to be there with you too!
    Thank you for sharring these wonderful times with us!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of the flowers, just too beautiful!!! ((: And it seems that you have a whole load of fun. Have a great day

    best regards
    Vodka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom is right.. that is a great view, trail and beach. I can't believe Sammy was trying to drown you. No.. for a stick? That's silly. I wish I could be there with you.
    norwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, my mom is going crazy for that pink rose!!!

    Luv,
    Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ernie & Sasha!
    You sure had lots of fun playing with your family and friends at the beach! That place is wonderful! Great pictures and videos!
    Thor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ernie and Sasha
    Beautiful flowers and a lovely beach to play...
    Have a lovely day
    Musole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mom's pale pink flowers are just gorgeous, guys! Our mom would love to have this rose but she'd kill it in the first year! She has horrible luck with roses!
    Your beach is making us anxious for our vacation!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a good day at the beach and you sure have some neat friends to play with. We love swimming and retrieving toys. Then we bark for someone to throw them again.

    ReplyDelete