Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Water time!!!!

We went for a long walk today. We "talked" Mom into taking us to the beach. With both Sasha & I pulling her towards the beach, she gave in and we went and played for awhile before we went for the long walk back up the hill. Sasha gets very excited and can hardly wait until Mom throws the stick back out into the water. Sometimes she gets so excited she barks LOUD. Even hurts her own ears we think.
This is a view down the beach. It is lots of fun there. Mom lets us off the leash at the top of the hill and Sasha & I run down the trail. Sometimes we have to check on Mom & run back up the trail to check on her if we can't see her. Then we take off back down towards the beach.
Here I am enjoying the big stick I found. Mom threw it way out ( well, at least as far as she can throw) and I went out into the deeper water swimming to fetch it. I am so good. Sasha had done a lot of fetching the stick and then as usual, she found a smell of something in the water and started looking for it. She likes to do this a lot. She has found half eaten pears, rotten old tennis balls, & stuff like that. I love to swim and get in the water. I didn't like it too much when we first went down to the water. But it didn't take me long to decide it was a lot of fun and very cooling on a hot day. Sure feels good. I have been told I get very frisky.
Mom told me to sit and tried to get a picture of my long tongue with all of its black spots. I decided Ididn't really want to show how long it was so I only let it out a bit. I don't show my tongue spots at just any old time. I am particular.
Sasha smiles a lot. I really like her. She is my bestest friend.!! Mom caught this picture of me being"shy" I am not this way very often.
We got a couple of new stuffies. They are way COOOOL. I went around and collected them (even Sasha's when she wasn't looking) from downstairs and took them upstairs. Mom came upstairs and found me with them. She made a big deal out of the fact I had them all lined up in a row.
We want to thank everyone who visits us and those who leave comments. We have met a lot of nice pups from all over and their humans. It is fun. Have a fun week!!
Slobbery kisses Ernie & Sasha

13 comments:

  1. Water is fun! Just don't swim out after the ducks - they go too far away from the shore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had sooo much fun swimming! Great pictures, we are impressed too that you lined your stuffies up in a row like that. :-)
    Luv,
    Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  3. E and S
    You are lucky! I like that stick hustling! Brings a smile to my face too! Mom did good.. even though you have to tell her what to do.

    Norwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like water at all, but it looks like you had fun playing in it. You both have some cool stuffies.

    licks and sniffs, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I like stuffies, I like to wrestle with them like with my friend Ralph!

    Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it looks like a lot of fun. For me water is only interesting, when other dogs are around. Usually I don't like water and bathing makes me grumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep sometimes hoomans need to be hit ovah the head with stuff...no wags about it- you want to go swimming! That's what summers allll about!

    Such posers! Sasha has a great smile!
    toodles, tula

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey kiddos, your beach looks really fun. you are totally swimming with that big stick, Ernie. good job!

    we saw a golden retriever at the marymoor dog park who was diving under water and stayed under water for up to 20 seconds. it totally freaked mom out, but kind of reminded her of Sasha too! hee hee!

    we like that photo of your tongue, Ernie. we can see your black dot. Benson says that the coolest dogs have the tongue dots!

    woofs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys should be tired after all that water fetching. Stuffies don't last very long around here. Mom tries to keep them put up and lets us play for awhile. When we get too rough, she puts them up again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a lot of fun! Especially on a hot day! My dogs love the river, but they aren't much into actually swimming! I don't even know if Aussie's can swim, just kiddin'! I am sure they know how.
    I use to buy stuffed toys all the time for my Aussie's, until they ate them, now they only get hard toys! Bailey use to line them up too, and he would sleep underneath them, somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! yo guys had a great time and look at that amazing beach all to yourselves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Ernie & Sasha- wag by my blog when you get a chance--got somethang 4 ya!

    adios,
    tula

    ReplyDelete