Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sasha's story

Hi, It's me Sasha. Ernie agreed to let me share today. He will be back. He was having so much fun. But it's my turn. This picture is of me during my first week here. I was 1 1/2 years old. Now I am 9. Mom & Dad got me from a shelter. They loved me at first site on petfinder.com. A lot of people wanted me but they say they were lucky to get me. I did not have a good start in life. People yelled at me and I didn't get any chances to play or be with other dogs. I was afraid of everything. Even garbage bags people put out for the garbage men. Stairs were an even bigger challenge. So many things spooked me. I am much better now. I am a happy girl and I have even helped my Dad sometimes. I am very loved. When Ernie came to live with us I learned how to play and stuff. He is now ONE of my best friends. I am lucky a lot of people and dogs really like me. Below are some pictures I like. Hope you enjoy them.
These pictures are not in any special order. This picture is of me and my "cousin" Murphy. He was so tiny. He loved to chew on me. Everyone said I should discipline him and not let him get away with it. BUT he was so cute, I just couldn't do it.
Here he is again. Almost asleep. Much easier to check him out when he is this way. Now he is about 3 years old.
I am on the left, Murphy is in the middle and his big brother Chugger is on the right. Chugger was a wonderful big guy. He sure could swim and hike. We miss him! Mom says he is in Doggie Heaven with our other puppers. Bet they are having a great time together. Running and having fun. Maybe someday I will write about them. They were also very special to Mom & Dad. They have a thing for puppers like us.
Another picture. I am on the left and Chugger is busy chewing. Notice the smile and happy look. I sure liked him.
Sure wish I had that chewy!!!!! Maybe he'll share????
This is one of my favorite things. Chasing balls and swimming. Sometimes I sneak back into the water when Mom isn't looking. That is unless she has me on the leash.
This was fun. Maybe I'll do this again sometime. Thanks Ernie.
Sasha

8 comments:

  1. We loved reading all about you Sasha! Our favourite photo is the last one! I love tennis balls and I would love to experience the seaside! #1 has promised to take me some day!

    Tommy (and The Girls)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a rough start, Sasha! We're so glad you have your loving family! We love the last picture of you splashing through the water with your ball!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Sasha, it's nice to hear your story. we're glad you are a happy and well adjusted girl now. you have a good family and we can tell that they love you a lot.

    woofs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sasha! People can be cruel sometimes but is so nice to hear that you're loved and you love your mom and dad! Indie was adopted just like you.
    Kisses from Rufus and Indie

    ReplyDelete
  5. we were sad to read you didn't have the best eginning in life--but we are so happy to see you now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey sasha
    I LOVE the bandana photo. WHooo hoo. You and Chugger did look alike. hee hee. It's always nice to look back through old photos. Thanks for sharing.

    NOrwood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sasha, we think you're very pretty :-) Sorry to hear you didn't have a good start in life - sounds as though you landed on lucky paws when you found your family though.

    Come and visit my blog and take part in my challenge, I think you'll find it fun :-)

    Minnie-Moo
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sasha- so glad you remember Chug. I shed a little tear reading about him. I miss him a lot. Murphy sure is great though! Each of you have your own personality and I'm lucky to be able to know and play with you all. Deb

    ReplyDelete