This is taken from http://www.queenanneview.com/2010/11/27/qa-pet-tragically-electrocuted-on-thanksgiving-day/
Queen Anne resident Nancy Bostdorff and her daughter, Lisa McKibbin, have just lost a beloved friend—their dog Sammy. While walking Sammy along Queen Anne Ave N on Thanksgiving Day, he was tragically electrocuted. The unpredictable accident upset his family, and inspired them to help inform residents in the hopes of preventing other animals from being killed in the same way. Lisa started a blog in memory of Sammy. A beautiful German Shorthair Pointer. Please visit if you get the chance & support them in this VERY hard time.
http://sammysbigheart.wordpress.com/2010/11/27/goodbye-sammy/
If you go to Sammy's blog and/or the newspaper you will find other comments about stray voltage. This is something I have not ever really thought about. Except for when doing wiring or when a tree or storm has brought down power lines.
Our thoughts & prayers are with them. Thanking them for sharing the information & for reaching out to others during this terrible time to warn us of the dangers that lurk that we may not even be aware of.
Ernie,Sasha, & Chica's Mom Barb
I've heard of this before. In Boston, over the last few years there have been quite a few incidents involving people and dogs! Scary stuff!
ReplyDeleteHow very sad. Hopefully, he saved another life by letting everyone know.
ReplyDeleteWe've never heard of that before. How horrible for Sammy and his person. Hopefully, something will be done.
ReplyDeleteXXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella
So sad, we just saw that story on another blog. Very good information for all of our humans to know about. Poor Sammy.
ReplyDeleteWoos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara
How horrible! Poor Sammy and his family.
ReplyDeleteI saw this yesterday! So sad!
ReplyDeleteWe live in Queen Anne too and walk by there every so often! Scary how you don't know if it's safe to walk down the street or not!
So sad. All good thoughts to Sammys family.
ReplyDeleteBenny & Lily
We had a Greyhound friend that was electrocuted while we were all on vacation several years ago. It was a sad and tragic thing. Our hearts go out to Sammy's family!
ReplyDeleteBunny
Thanks for the warning. That is so sad and scary.
ReplyDeleteMango Momma
How very sad. We will stop at Sammy's blog to leave our condolences.
ReplyDeleteLove ya lots
Maggie and Mitch
Oh how awful!!
ReplyDelete~Maggie
Thanks for sharing this tragic story...if even one life is saved,Sammy will not have died in vain. My heart goes out to the family. Thank you for the positive energy and encouraging words you left for my sister, Puff and all of us!
ReplyDeleteWe saw this here earlier but couldn't bring ourselves to read all of it then -
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing -
Now off to leave some words of support on Sammy's blog -
We are so sad to hear this.:(
ReplyDeleteLove,
Teddy Bear
I am so sorry for your friend. I saw this on the news while visiting my Mom. Horrible. I had no idea something like that could happen. Too tragic. I'll be sure to pop over to the memorial blog to offer our support.
ReplyDeleteVery sad.... We never thought that anything like that could happend. We hope that this type of tragedy can be avoided in the future.
ReplyDeletePugs & Kisses,
Yoda & Brutus
We're soo sorry to hear that..;(
ReplyDeleteMaxx and family
we heard about that on the news. what a terrible thing to happen. we had no clue that something like that could happen. did you know that pup?
ReplyDeletewoofs.
So sad. I don't really understand what happened but I'll keep following. Thanks for alerting us.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know Sammy & Lisa. I had no idea that anything like that could happen. I only wanted to share their story so others would be aware something like that existed & to be careful. We all love our furiends so much and they are a big part of our families. It is horrible to have something which seems so unlikely to happen & cause them pain. I appreciate Lisa sharing the info so hopefully this won't happen to other furiends, children, or people. Thank you all for being such caring people & for stopping by to share your thoughts with Lisa.
ReplyDeleteErnie,Sasha, & Chica's Mom Barb
We posted on this the other day too. Quite scary and a terrible thing to have happen to any pet or human.
ReplyDeleteI have been a tad bit behind, and I came to visit you tonight.
ReplyDeleteI found this story,,, and I am so very sad too..
I went to visit them and gave them some love.
This is a terrible thing to happen.
I thank you for letting us know,, so at least we can put our paws around them and love them.
love
tweedles