Friday, October 21, 2011

Friends

Happy Friday everybuddy!! Ernie here.  M found a video she wants to share with you all.  Friends and furiends are a good thing.   Hope you enjoy the video and have a great weekend and some fun.  It's starting to rain here.  M says it will make flowers and grass grow.   I say yeh, yeh, yeh.......
Oh yes,  I am on crate rest.  Not fun!  It's not my style BUT I try to keep M happy.  Sometimes I play my pity card to get out of jail.  Sometimes it works.  While playing and running I got an owie in my knee. Vet man said crate rest for a couple of weeks and we will see if it helps.  Please keep ur paws crossed fur me cuz I don't like the sounds of something called surgery.....   I know M & D will appreciate any help with the crossed paws and no surgeries.  Gracias,
    Ernie

19 comments:

  1. Cute video Ernie! Glad you shared!I hope you feel better soon! Stumpy has a luxating patellla and a glucosomine supplement has really helped!

    Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
    Stumpy and me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stumpy and "me". Thanks for dropping by to visit. I have been giving Ernie glucosamine too. Sasha also gets glucosamine cuz her hips are not too good. It really seems to have helped them both.
    Mom Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! Is it bed rest or jail?
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Benny & Lily, It is supposed to be bed rest(aka crate rest) BUT I think of it as jail. I am not really into being confined like that. I do get treats when I go in and that is a good thing. Maybe I'll get used to is someday????
    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute video!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ernie! We hope the crate rest helps cuz that surgery stuff is expensive!!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our paws are crossed that you heal and don't have to have surgery, Ernie!
    What a cute video! Thank you for sharing it.

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crate rest for a FEW WEEKS!!! You poor pup. We'll keep our paws crossed that there will be no surgery.

    What incredible video footage!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know about anyone else, but that video was so beautiful and touching, it brought tears running down from our eyes. Thank you for sharing it.
    And ,, YES we keep our paws crossed for Ernie, that no surgery is needed.
    love
    tweedlles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the crate rest is the worst and then you feel better and bounce and get all owie again and your human gets the worried face.

    I loved the movie!

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey Ernie, that was a nice little video. we're sorry to hear that you have a limp and have to be in jail. jail sucks but surgery sucks more. did you tear your ACL or do you know? i, Bailey, tore my ACL (both) and i can tell you that surgery is NO FUN AT ALL. and then you still have to stay in jail for about 3 months afterwards. but i'm as good as new now. we started mud season in our back yard and in our house. the human is not happy about it either. oh well.

    take care
    woofs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about your knee, pal! That really stinks. Sometimes (not always but SOMEtimes) it's important to listen to our bipeds and do what they say. Just so you can get better. THEN you can start ignoring them.
    Trust me, I'm a professional at this!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ernie, when my owie first happened, I had to stay in a "big ex-pen jail" for six-weeks. My dad had to make sure that I got rotated every few hours so I wouldn't get bed sore. It wasn't much fun. So I understand how you feel. My dad said that my Angel Uncle Max tore his cranial cruciate ligament in one of his hind legs. And rather than doing surgery, he alternated between going to acupuncture one weekend and swimming the next weekend. My mom and dad did this for a year. Then they cut back to swimming every weekend and acupuncture once a month. Then they got us after Max went over The Rainbow. We hope that you'll get better without surgery and all that. But you have great vets down your way at SVS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ernie. Cute video! We keep our paws crossed that you feel better soon and no surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for posting that great video of the slow buddies. How great to have a friend who has always got your back.

    You look after yourself.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ernie,

    I will send you some boxer puppy prayers to help your owie get better. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    PeeS Great video to share!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our paws are crossed for you here, Ernie. I hope that the rest works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great video!
    We will keep our paws & fingers crossed that the rest you are doing helps!

    Rudy's Raiser

    P.S. Don't forget to stop by our blog THIS week and enter the "name game" contest I'm hosting, for my newest guide dog puppy - it only takes a few seconds to do... and you may end up being the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ernie! The dreaded crate rest!!!! Nooooo! Riley is on crate rest right now because she had knee surgery (probably the same one you're hoping to avoid with crate rest). Follow the doc's orders and you should be great! Hopefully you're all better by now (will have to check your newer posts--we're new to your blog!).

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete