Sunday, January 23, 2011

Urban Exploring

Hi furiends, It was a day to explore some backroads of our neighborhood.  We found a pond with lots of ducks and new places to sniff & explore.  WE mostly had to keep that "rope thing" attached to us. 

 The pond was full of these.  M called them ducks & said this was a beautiful Mallard.  We heard - blah,blah,blah.  We wanted to get closer & check them out.
 Chica in the red coat, Lucas in the blue star coat & me with no coat.  I am tough and didn't need one.  Too bad this was as close as we could get to those swimmy things.
 There were a lot more but they were further away.  It was peaceful & nice there.  Wish we could have run free. But it wasn't to be this day.
 Treat time. We had walked a long way & Sammy's Mom was giving us a snack.  She is good at that. She knows we furkids need a little something to keep going.  At least we have her convinced.  At the top of the pic is our friend Hana, & down at the bottom corner you can see the top of Sammy's head & mine.  We were being good & waiting our turn.  The others pretended to be "starving"  We know they aren't.  
 He was posing so we got another close up of this guy. 
 Sammy & I finally moved in for our share of the treats.  Good thing she had some left.
Notice how Chica hogs the camera.  Lucas & I barely got in the picture.  M says it is hard to get us all together sometimes.  M wanted to take all of us (there are 5) but couldn't cuz our neighbor was taking us all & dropping us off and we were working our way home from where he dropped us off.  So since it was a long walk, Sasha & Pinto had to stay home.  BUT M promised them she would take them later.  Mom did take me and Sasha.  Pinto doesn't really like to walk on leash but he IS getting better.  Hot dog pieces are helping.....

Mom promises to take us to Lincoln Park & to Whiskey Woods on our next walk.  We like any walks/hikes but those 2 are pretty much the top of our list for Urban hikes closer to home.
Enjoy your day!!

15 comments:

  1. A great walkie seeing lots of pawesome things there!
    Ducks! Sorry you could not get closer to them!
    And treats! Wow!
    I enjoyed a lot your exploring time!
    Happy Sunday to all of you!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Clampetts, Bumpasses here. Guess you've got the west (best) coast and we've got the eas (least) coast. No snow on the ground here but it's warmed up to 16 degrees F. Sorry that the Seahawks didn't show up in Chicago last week, we were rooting for them. Dad was stationed at Whidbey Island for a long time when he was in the Navy; it's still has favorite part of the country. Believe us when we tell you that lots and lots of the white stuff can be too much. Ya can't stay outside all day like we normally can. Dad says you guys get a lot of rain. He says you have two types of rain; cool summer rain and cold winter rain. Hey, we hope that as rescues that you're supporting The Animal Rescue Site's Shelter Challenge. If you don't have your own shelter to vote for then please vote for Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary, Capon Bridge, WV - see our blog for details. Well, from one group of rescues to another, Have a GReat Day.
    - TBH&K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybodys!!

    Tank yous fur stoppin' by my bloggie! Guess what? I luvs to makes new furiends too! :) We is gonna have fun!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab walk!!!

    I bet you earned those treats with all those walking.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun walk! We have not seen those swimming birds yet. They look very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just LOVE chasing ducks.....any birds really. But we love going to the duck pond and making them stay in the water. We don't get treats on a walk.....some work needed here.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    Your ducks are prettier than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you tasted the duck poop. Its awesome but it doesn't agree with you later on
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. No hikes or walks in the park for us now. With all the snow and ice everywhere, the Momster says no walks:( But we loved seeing all the fun you had on yours - those ducks looked like they needed to be chased. Hope you get to your two favorite places soon.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dunno, Ernie, I dussn't think you would has been so tuff ofur here today. You would has swipied both the red and bloo coats to put on. It do be going down in the single digits here. BRRRRRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun hike. Those Mallards are very cool.

    Love,
    Teddy Bear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those duckies look like soo much fun :)
    Glad to hear you had a fun walk!

    Rudy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dunno why you weren't allowed to swim and chase the ducks, but at least you got some treats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a good day! We have ducks and geese behind our home and they drive the girls to distraction. It's fun to watch the little waterfowl soap opera unfolding back there **sigh**

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you woof "hot dog pieces"??!!! What lucky pups you are! Hot dog pieces and a great walk to a beautiful lake with lots of birds and critters to chase!

    Ernie, I am so impressed at your patience during treat time. I am one of those dogs the fiends starvation. I get so excited when I see a treat coming my way that my human K says I act like I haven't eaten in a month! So, your patience is something I could learn!

    Really fun photos! And Chica is such a ham! (not the kind you eat!)

    Suka

    ReplyDelete